Catterick - Ringing - 18-20 Aug 17

Need to get in touch with expedition members or inform members of forthcoming field trips? Put information on future events here.
wot-no-birds

Catterick - Ringing - 18-20 Aug 17

Postby wot-no-birds » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:37 am

Day and a half ringing weekend at Foxglove Covert in Catterick for potential ringers and those of all abilities – accommodated in barracks in the garrison area tbc.

roger dickey

Re: Catterick - Ringing - 18-20 Aug 17

Postby roger dickey » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:16 am

Tony Crease informs me that at least half of the regulars at Foxglove Covert will be away over that weekend, leaving a small contingent to look after us. Accommodation is at Wathgill as always and meals out. I will provide further details when known but any participants will get an excellent weekend's ringing provided that the weather (for a change) behaves.

If interested please post on this forum and as usual, the weekend is open to other Service ringers.

Turnstone

Postby Turnstone » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:25 pm

Ann and I will be there all things being equal.

Jo Rooney

Postby Jo Rooney » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:47 pm

wot-no-birds wrote:Day and a half ringing weekend at Foxglove Covert in Catterick for potential ringers and those of all abilities – accommodated in barracks in the garrison area tbc.

I'm new to AOS. I would like to do the Catterick weekend, I am a trainee, Dave Stone is my Trainer.

roger dickey

Postby roger dickey » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:12 pm

Welcome to the club Jo!

It would be great to see you at Catterick for the weekend. I don't know Dave Stone personally but that is not a problem. Where do you usually ring?

We have a few other AOS ringing activities coming up during the year and I'll be advertising on here and direct to ringers to give you plenty of warning.

Cheers

Roger

Jo Rooney

Postby Jo Rooney » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:24 pm

Thanks Roger, I'm looking forward to ringing with other people - not that there is anything wrong with the people I ring with!!!

I belong to Brandon RG, Warwickshire. It is a CES site, focussing on the reed beds. Brandon Marsh NR is the HQ for Warwickshire Wildlife Trust.

I'll keep a look out for the ringing activities.

Best wishes,
Jo

Return to “Future Exped/Field Trips Information”