The return of a visible Migration

Richards reports, mostly from Camp Bastion. Now a closed site (until he gets back!)

Moderator: roger dickey

Lesser Spot Finder

The return of a visible Migration

Postby Lesser Spot Finder » Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:44 am

6th August 2007

Not only is it my 13th wedding anniversary but I also woke up this morning to find a fall of Warblers. Birds included Blyth's Reed, Clamorous Reed, Booted and Plain Leaf Warblers. In addition, to finish the morning off in a flourish, a small flock of 7 Rose-coloured Starlings, which included three adults, flew over. The afternoon run around produced only 4 Tree Sparrows.

Things are looking up.

Richard

Wandering Tattler

6 AUG 07

Postby Wandering Tattler » Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:02 pm

Rich,

Good to see that the birds are picking up as you return. Great to see you the other night and I wish you well for the remainder of your time there.

Mostly DIYing at the moment but had a surprise Hobby over the house on 5 Aug 07, added to which I have had calling Yellowhammer and Canada Geese, bringing the garden list up to 52 species in less than 8 months. Still need a dragonfly and butterfly book! We have Bank Voles by the house too, so things are looking up.

Take care!

Lesser Spot Finder

Draoinflies and Butterflies

Postby Lesser Spot Finder » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:12 am

Tim,

try the Steve Brookes book on Dragonflies and the Lewington book on Butterflies. Both are published by British Wildlife Publishing I think and are excellent additions to your library. I can recommend books on Moths and Orchids if you wish.

Take care.

Rich

Return to “Camp Bastion Birding (now closed)”